Flying Sites opened by the CHGA (updated 2005)
* Note: Talcott, Chauncy and Meriden are sheer cliff launches. A CL endorsement is
required for hang glider pilots. There have been no successful paraglider
launches at these sites so paraglider flight is not currently recommended here.
- Talcott Mountain, 650 foot WNW face. - Our primary site located above Nod Road in Simsbury, CT. It is a state park. See the picture (insured by CHGA)*
- West Rock, 250 foot SSE face. - NEW April 2005
more info (insured by CHGA)
- Meriden Mountain, 550 foot NW face, located in Southington, CT the LZ is no longer useable (obsticles and tall trees) so this site is not flown.*
- Brace Mountain, 1500 foot W face west of Salisbury, CT. A 1 hour hike-in with a 300 foot climb or a very tough 45 min. 4WD followed by a 15 minute level hike. - Now a flight park... more info
- Race Mountain, 1400 foot SE face, in Mount Washington, Mass. 1 hour hike-in.
- Mount Everett, in Mount Washington, MA, a 1 hour hike-in, 1900 foot NE face.
- Sharon Mountain, 500 foot N face in Sharon, CT overlooking Lime Rock race track. The ramp was recently removed by the state due to lack of site use.
- Chauncy Peak, 350 foot S face in E. Meriden, CT. Must hike entire vertical to the somewhat dangerous cliff launch. No secured permission to launch or land.
- Seascape at N. Truro, Cape Cod, 80 ft. WSW dune ridge (insured by CHGA). The Seascape is for sale as of Oct 2005 so the future of this site is in danger.